Violations of toll payment procedure include the following cases:
Failure to Pay
- absence of the On-Board Unit (OBU) in the vehicle, with the exception of cases established by law;
- usage of an OBU with a prepaid balance which is less than the amount to be charged for the passage along a settlement toll section;
- usage of an inoperative OBU in the vehicle;
- usage of an OBU that does not allow toll collection in the prescribed manner;
- usage of an OBU in violation of the standard operating procedure;
- misuse of an OBU intended for exempt vehicles.
- usage of an OBU that is configured for fewer axles than the number of axles set forth in the standard operating procedure for the vehicle.
- usage of an OBU that is not personalized for the vehicle and its licence plate number.
usage of an OBU that is not personalized for the vehicle and its licence plate number.
According to Clauses 57 and 58 of the Regulation "On the Procedure of Toll Collection for the Passage of Vehicles on Toll Roads of the Republic of Belarus", approved by the Resolution of the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Belarus No. 340 dated April 30, 2013, in the event of violation of procedure for the use of toll roads, an increased rate payment is charged from the owner (user) of the vehicle.
The evidence of Failure to Pay and/or Short Payment:
- the information that is automatically generated by the Electronic Control System, including time, date and place of passage through the toll station;
- establishing the fact of Failure to Pay or Short Payment by an authorized representative of Transport Inspectorate.
In case of violation of toll payment procedure, an authorized representative of Transport Inspectorate shall execute a Violation Protocol containing a demand for increased rate payment and a receipt indicating the amount to be paid.
The violator has the make an increased rate payment no later than 30 days from the date of Violation Protocol.
The amount of increased rate payment for the use of toll roads of the Republic of Belarus is established by the Resolution of the Ministry of Transport and Communications of the Republic of Belarus No. 21 dated June 17, 2013.
According to the legislation, all incidents refer to a certain type of incident. All incidents registered in relation to one vehicle within two hours are classified to one violation. The type of violation is determined by the most serious incident recorded in the sequence of incidents. Every type of violation corresponds to a certain amount of substitution fee.
ТThe type of violation is specified by a certain number in the Appendix to the Act of violation. In addition, the detailed explanation of each number corresponding to certain type of violation is provided
Different reasons that could cause a certain type of incident:
|Incident type 1||
Incorrect placement of an On-Board Unit (OBU) or its absence on a windscreen of a vehicle.
|Incident type 3||
Use of an OBU configured for the less quantity of axles than prescribed by the User manual for this vehicle.
|Incident type 4||
Absence of fixed payment on the OBU.
|Incident type 5||
Use of an OBU not ready to pay (OBU balance is suspended or blocked).
|Incident type 10||
Illegal use of the OBU designed for exempted vehicles.
|Incident type 12||
Usage of an OBU not personalised for this vehicle.
SMS Notifications on Violations
In pursuance of Decree of the President of the Republic of Belarus No. 108 dated 24 March 2020 “On Amending the Decree of the President of the Republic of Belarus”, toll road users in Belarus will have access to new features allowing them to receive SMS notifications of violations and make a single toll tariff payment for them within two hours from the moment of violation to avoid charging an increased fee later, starting on 1 May 2020.